Sunday, October 22, 2006

Picture was taken at a Musical Concert in honour of the 80 year old Steve Rhodes, a couple of weeks ago, at the Muson Centre. It was an event a philistine (myself) became a convert of Classical Music. I'd attended primarily because Professor Soyinka had asked to meet with me over other matters just before the concert so I'd wangled tickets from the Muson Management and thought I'd bore myself to death. I was mistaken. Performers included Ayo Bankole Jnr, Nibi Akinkugbe, The Chord Webs and many others. At the interval, Professor Wole Soyinka (in glasses), the guest of honour, stands by the legend, Steve Rhodes, as they prepare to cut a cake. To the right of the picture is Francesca Emmanuel (holding bag), an original member of The Masks, Soyinka's Drama Troupe in the early 60s. Posted by Picasa

No comments: