Tuesday, July 03, 2007


A Season of Soyinka started last Sunday at Terra Kulture with laspapi's play, "Who's Afraid of Wole Soyinka?". Ore was at the event and told me she really enjoyed herself. I'd like to think she didn't just say that to make me happy. Next week Sunday, the 8th, will be "The Lion & The Jewel" written by Kongi himself and directed by Tunji Sotimirin and the Sunday after,the 15th which is also my birthday, "Death & The King's Horseman" directed by Segun Adefila. On the 22nd, there'll be Camwood on the Leaves directed by Lekan Balogun and the season ends on Sunday the 29th with The Jero Plays ('The Trials of Brother Jero' & 'Jero's Metamorphosis') as directed by laspapi. All shows are at 3pm and 6pm.

9 comments:

In my head and around me said...

Hi Laspapi, I need your e-mail address ASAP. Please can you send it to me? inmyheadandaroundme@gmail.com.

Thank you.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I'm thinking 15th and/ or 29th?

laspapi said...

@ in my head- it's been sent.

@ nyemoni- it'd be good to have you at both. I'll be looking out for you.

laspapi said...

In my head, I should write it again here- laspapi@yahoo.com

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

I liked Ore's review. How you doing Laspaposcosco?

BiMbyLaDs** said...

dindt know u directed plays / drama..awesome.. ur so mega talented. saw lion m d jewel a while back.. 'lakunle... lol.. any showing in london?

laspapi said...

'sewa- will go to Ore's now. I'm fine, thank you for asking.

@ bimbylads- Thank you for those words. I hope we can find the kind of sponsorship London would entail.

Anonymous said...

Laspapi, its my birthday on the 8th and i'm coming with my Loin to see the Jewel.see you there.

laspapi said...

looking forward to seeing you on the 8th, anon. It's my birthday on the 15th.