Sunday, February 11, 2007

3's Tag

I was tagged by Nilla

Three things that scare me:
1. The indiscriminate violence in Iraq
2. The Nigerian Economy
3. The death of loved ones

Three people who make me laugh:
1. The Cast of ‘Saturday Night Live’
2. Martin Lawrence
3. Baba Suwe (I'm sorry)

Three Things I love:
1. Films
2. Books
3. Football Video games

Three Things I hate:
1. The Nigerian Police
2. NEPA/PHCN officials
3. Clueless customer service units

Three Things I don't understand:
1. Algebra
2. Why the grass always looks greener on the other side
3. Greek

Three things on my desk:
1. A lamp
2. A CD player
3. My Wallet

Three things I’m doing right now:
1. Listening to Dido’s ‘Hunter’
2. Moving my head in time to the music
3. Singing where I remember the lines

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Own a 20th Century Fox type of company
2. Go round the world with Wole Soyinka
3. Improve the lives of many others

Three things I can do:
1. Non-Linear Editing
2. Handle a Camera for TV
3. Play a mean game of football

Three things you should listen to:
1. Your instincts
2. Common Sense
3. A Nigerian Policeman with a gun

Three things you should never listen to:
1. People who tell you it can’t be done
2. Advice about gold from blacksmiths
3. Those who lay the blame for their misfortunes on others

Three things I’d like to learn:
1. French
2. The Guitar
3. Patience

Three favourite foods:
1. Rice
2. Apples
3. Plantain

Three beverages I drink regularly:
1. Water
2. Orange juice
3. More Water

Three TV shows/Books I watched/read as a kid:
1. The Hardy Boys (Read)
2. Felix the Cat (watched)
3. Skippy the bush kangaroo (watched)

Three people I'm tagging (that's if you've not already done this)
mona
jola
omohemi

17 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

lol @ baba suwe making u laugh...the guy is hilarious, I don't blame u!

Wole Soyinka fan!

Read "the Hardy boys" too...(but it just couldn't be compared to the Nancy Drew files)...

laspapi said...

jc,
I see Baba Suwe on 'Africa Magic' and I can't change channels. It's the way he uses words.

Yeah! Soyinka for ever.

I read some Nancy Drew too but it's girl stuff, don't you think?
A bit like Agatha Christie's characters, Hercules Poirot and Miss Marples.

Nilla said...

Nigerian economy scares you...lol

I love Dido's "hunter".

Interesting answers.

Anonymous said...

Wole,
What happened to bread? I don't see it on your list :-)..V.

Anonymous said...

This tag thing wey u con tag me so?
Ok,I will do it.

We share a mutual hatred for the Nigerian police.

Thanks for stopping by.

laspapi said...

Thanks nilla.
When I hear 'Hunter', I change the lyrics to suit a guy singing ..."If you were a queen up there on your throne, would you be wise enough to let me go?"
I think it matches my life.

@ anon- yeah, V, you made me give it up.

@ omohemi- Nigerians are of one mind in their opinion of the police.

Naija Vixen said...

lol @pple u shuld listen too...9ja policeman with a gun!;-)

Anonymous said...

I love martin lawrence and saturday night live... mad tv does it for me almost everytime.. miss swan is just a character!!! I haven't had to deal with the Nigerian police so i have nothing to say.. or the Canadian police come to think of it.. i guess i should count myself lucky.lol.. i don't like algebra.. all that geometry crap... but calculus rocks!!! I adore Dido.. one of my favorite lines in a song ever "I never want to be so afraid to fail that I don't even try" are from her song Life for Rent... she's magic! I love to learn french(which i really should know seeing as Canada's bilingual and all that)... love orange juice... but cranberry juice even betta!fantastic writeup... i loved it!

laspapi said...

vixen, the fear of the naija cop is the beginning of wisdom.

laspapi said...

everyday I get to know you better, Storm. Your post about the housemaids etc, really got to me.

Toluwalope said...

Laspapi
na for your compound I take catch the 3 things flu o... see my condition for here:

http://omoalagbede.blogspot.com/2007/02/3-things-flu.html

laspapi said...

I'll be there shortly, alagbede

Anonymous said...

........this is so cool, nicest/funniest i've seen in a long while. Others tend to be too serious. Agree with you on the Naija police n economy. Keep it up, u've got a regular here..........

laspapi said...

Thanks, nike. Glad you like 'the activity' here.

Aramide said...

I'm creating a tag blog to fulfil all the times I've been tagged...lol i dont think I've ever responded but I will xxx

Aramide said...

Speaking of Baba Suwe - o ti po po po po ju lol just had to go there....

Indomie l'omo

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Looking forward to your next post