Saturday, March 24, 2007

An anonymous commentator left an enlightening sub-post on my write-up about Pastor Ashimolowo's close encounter with the UK Charity Commission. A former member of the church, she appeared to be objective. Read an excerpt-

I used to be a member for KICC for over 7 years, I started off as a new Christian, became accustomed to the teachings, held the leaders, pastors, laity with such high esteem, until I was broken for want of a better word. The truth is that I left that church more broken than when I arrived, I have never been betrayed more than I have by people of leadership at KICC and have learnt a great lesson from it and from them. I no longer attend that church but realise that we are all responsible for our relationship with Christ. I got my foundation in Christ at KICC, I can not begin to tell you how valuable that it, it is something that I will take with me for ever, but once you grow in Christ, you yourself will be able to discern what is right and what is wrong and no church is perfect.

Read the remainder of her comment (I'm assuming the person's of that gender) under the post

3 comments:

Aramide said...

hmm interesting - but "she's" right I guess in terms of our own responsibility.

Naija Vixen said...

agree with Mona...we shuld be responsible for our own actions and stop placing blame on others oh...

laspapi said...

I agree with you both, ladies.