Saturday, March 03, 2007

I just finished reading Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.
Its about a German-Jewish girl who's family emigrated to Holland from Germany just before the 2nd World War, because of persecution by the Nazis. Her family hid for upwards of two years in a back apartment of an office building till they were given up to the Gestapo by a Dutch informant.
She, her mother and sister as well as another family that hid with them, died in the concentration camps.
It's the duty of all humans to resist such things happening again, whether in the guise of oppression in one's own country or without.

3 comments:

Mak said...

Anne Frank said that humans were good. (paraphrase)

I say, there's no difference between Hitler and myself. Given certain conditions, all men reason alike.

The diary was quite touching.

Kiibaati said...

mack, you scare me sometimes!

laspapi said...

I don't know about the veracity of mack's statement. Some men do not conform to the norm. I would like to think I am one of them.