Tuesday, March 06, 2007




Matthew Ashimolowo earned almost 200,000 pounds more than the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Atkinson, (who earns 66,140 pounds) in one year and 12 times more than parish priests in England (20,460 pounds).

The Charity Comission unearthed serious financial irregularities and two years ago, Ashy was ordered to pay back 200,000 pounds out of which he has returned a little over 20,000 pounds.

Condensed from The Evening Standard, Tuesday Feb 27

Jola dropped this verse she came across in her comment on the previous post.

I'd rather see a Christian than hear one any day
I'd rather see a sermon, than hear one any day;
I'd rather one would walk with me,
Than merely point the way.
The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing but example's always clear.
And the best of all the preachers are those who live their creeds;
For to see good put in action is what everybody needs!
I soon can learn to do it if you'll let me see it done;
I can see your hands in action but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lectures you deliver may be very fine and true;
But I'd rather get my lessons by observing what you do!
For I may misunderstand you and the high advice you give;
But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I type so fast and I don't get a chance to re-read until after I have posted. I need to make a quick correction - I don't know who the verse is attributed to but Ghandi said - I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians because they are nothing like your Christ

Naija Vixen said...

I luv that verse Jola dropped...we hav gotten so caught up in being religious that we stop being like our God wants to be...

laspapi said...

I agree with you, Vixen.